NOW HIRING FOR THE POSITION OF:
FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Milton Police Department is announcing the opening for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
All applicants must fill out an application at: https://www.miltonvt.gov/FormCenter/Police-12/Application-for-Employment-Milton-Police-64 , or in person or via mail.
All applications must be complete, and all eligibility requirements met at the time of application.
We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to join a team of dedicated officers providing professional police services to our community. The successful candidate will be required to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime is required. This is an exciting opportunity for persons who desire a career in Law Enforcement.
- Uniformed Preventive Patrol
- Crime Prevention Activities
- Responding to calls for service
- Conducting preliminary investigations of crimes and incidents
- Arrest and processing procedures
- Traffic Accident and Investigation
- Development of positive relationships with the public
- School Resource Officer
- Regional SRT Team
- Drug Recognition Expert
- Taser, Firearms, Use of Force Instructors
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be at least (18) eighteen years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to pass the Vermont Police Academy Entrance Testing
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Vermont driver’s license
- VT Level III Certified Police Officer: Up to $10,000.00
- VT Part-Time Certified Officer: Up to $3000.00
- Full Time Certified Officer Out Of State: $8000.00 plus up to $2,000.00 for relocation
- Financial considerations for military experience.
- Initial Application Process
- Successful Completion of the VPA Entrance Testing
- Successful Completion of the Departments Oral Board Interview
- Successful Completion of a Background investigation
- Successful Completion of a Polygraph Examination
- Successful Completion of a Psychological testing
- Successful completion of the Chief’s Interview
- Successful Completion of Medical and Drug Testing
- Academy training
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary = $50,084 to $59,865 (Union Employee)
- Leave Benefits = Vacation Time, Comp Time, Personal Time, Sick Time
- Retirement = VMERS D, 20 year retirement
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental plan, Vision plan
Applicants can be rejected from the hiring process for the following reasons:
- Felony arrests or a pattern of misdemeanor arrests
- Abuse of Drugs
- Pending Legal Action (Civil or Criminal)
- Falsifying information on application or any other legal document or any false or misleading information during the background investigation
ABOUT THE MILTON POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE CITY OF MILTON, VT
- Milton was Chartered June 8, 1763 and functions under a Selectboard - Town Manager form of government.
- We are the 8th largest community in VT, with a population of just under 12,000 residents
- Milton covers approximately 38,336 acres or 60.9 square miles
- Police Department Calls for service - average 10,000 per year
- Milton Police Department is comprised of 17 Sworn officers
The Milton Police Department provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Milton Police Department accepts applications for the position(s) of full time Police Officer at all times. These applications are kept on file for one year. When a hiring process is scheduled, we notify all applicants who have a current application on file with us, as well as advertising the position. We seek and hire the best candidate(s) for the position.
To submit application materials via mail:
Milton Police Department - Applications
37 Bombardier Road, Milton, VT 05468
or via Email to Sgt. Scott Philbrook at