- 6:30 p.m.
- 4th Tuesday of every month
- Community Room
43 Bombardier Road
Milton, VT 05468
The public is welcome to attend and share ideas.
- Dan Gaherty, Chair
Term expires: 2021
- Judith Kinner, Vice-Chair
Term expires: 2018
- Laurie DiCesare, Clerk
Term expires: 2020
- Bonnie Pease
Term expires: 2019
The Conservation Commission is a 5-member advisory commission created by Resolution of the Selectboard and appointed by the Selectboard. The Commission's responsibilities are defined by State Statute in the Town's Administrative Code Section 33 (PDF).
Conservation commissions help communities protect and enhance their natural resources by undertaking diverse activities. Milton's Conservation Commission:
- Actively administers the Town's Municipal Forest, Eagle Mountain Natural Area, and the LaMoille Riverwalk
- Coordinates programs to support conservation education, natural resource interpretation, outdoor recreation and volunteerism
- Advises the Town's legislative/regulatory bodies, such as the Selectboard and Planning Commission
Emerald Ash Borer is Coming!
Emerald ash borer (EAB) has been spotted in municipalities throughout Vermont and in towns neighboring Milton. This means it will be coming soon to Milton (if it's not already here). The Town of Milton's Planning Department and Conservation Commission are preparing for EAB's arrival and how to deal with it. If you think EAB is on your property, please get in touch with the Planning Department and we can get you connected to experts. If you notice EAB on town property, please inform us.
The following link will help you better understand signs of EAB: Emerald Ash Borer: Vermont Invasives
Downed Trees on Town Trails?
If you notice any downed trees or any other problems on Milton's trails, please fill out the form below and e-mail to Victor. You can also drop off the form at the Milton Municipal Building or call the Planning Department at 893-1186.